1. I have a reputation for being oblivious- apparently it's obvious that a layer of paper cannot stop hot glue from burning your arms (luckily the arm-things from my Terra cosplay that I was trying to glue trim to covered up the burns haha).
2. I really enjoy giant robot anime. I have no idea why. I started watching Gundam as a joke last year, but now I own two Gunplas and I've watched the entirety of Wing and part of the original. I thought it would be stupid, but man
is it entertaining to watch those giant robots beat each other up.
3. I like peeling potatoes. I can do it quickly.
4. I want to collect taxidermy insects, but those things are way too expensive. I only have one dead butterfly so far.
5. I'm working on developing a game in Blender and Unity right now. It'll be about 20% done by the end of the summer. I haven't posted any progress shots on here, but I have a funny (as in purposely improperly skinned and half-finished) inverse kinematics test on my Tumblr
. As for real
progress shots, here's some pictures of one of the models:
6. I'm going to major in computer science when I get into college about a year from now.
7. I had a job at a Halloween store last October. It was fun to give people advice on costuming and making macabre lawn decorations.
8. My favorite kind of tea is caramel chai, followed closely by the Thin Mint flavored kind. It's like drinking a caffeinated cookie. I didn't know I needed that in my life until I discovered that it was real.
9. I like reading about quantum physics. Did you know that there are at least five other spacial dimensions that exist on a sub-Planck length level, curled into Calabi-Yau spaces? This stuff is fascinating. I can't really talk about it though, because whenever I bring up string theory around my friend (who is pretty much the only person outside my family who I talk to regularly), she starts groaning.
10. The summer is a weird time for me. When school isn't in session, I wake up at five in the morning, work on whatever I'm working on for nine hours until I inevitably get a headache, realize that I haven't eaten anything all day, eat something, keep working on whatever I'm doing until dinner, then resume the project until Midnight. Seriously. When there's a break, I live off of nothing but strong tea and determination. It's probably not a good cycle, but I get to go ahead with the extreme productivity I don't have time for during the school year.